The High Sheriff's Diary 2017/18
Monday 12th March:
- High Sheriff Declaration Service Rehearsal in Gloucester Cathedral.
- Meeting at Gloucester Crown Court.
- Hosted dinner in Bristol with High Sheriff of Bristol for Avon and Somerset Police and Crime Commissioner and Chief Constable Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
Sunday 11th March:
- Visited Goals Beyond Grass Powerchair Football at GL1 Leisure Centre, Gloucester, to present a High Sheriff Award to Brian Dix.
Friday 9th March:
- Chaired High Sheriff’s Fund Grant Panel at Lower Farm, Compton Abdale.
- Attended opening of Ward/Ivy House at Wycliffe College, Stonehouse, by HRH The Duchess of Gloucester.
- Attended opening of new Arts Centre at Marling School, Stroud, by HRH The Duchess of Gloucester.
- Attended meeting of Hope Support Services Y (Youth) Group in Barnwood.
Thursday 8th March:
- Attended Stroud Mock Trial Competition for Primary Schools at Ebley House, Stroud.
- Attended High Sheriff Awards Ceremony at Police HQ, Waterwells Drive, Quedgeley, and presented awards.
- Visited Wickwar Scout Group.
Wednesday 7th March:
- Introduced seminar on Accessing Support for the Farming Community at the Gloucester Farmers Club.
- Presented High Sheriff Award to Noman Muhammad, Regional President of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Association, in Aztec West, South Gloucestershire.
- Meeting with Sue Squires, Getting Court Coordinator for South Gloucestershire, in Almondsbury. Presented High Sheriff Award.
- Meeting at Gloucester Crown Court.
- Attended 80th Birthday Party for Roger Grey, Padre to Tewkesbury Sea Cadets.
Monday 5th March:
- Visited Caring for Communities and People (CCP) charity in Cheltenham to present High Sheriff Award to Cordell Ray, Chief Executive.
- Visited Gloucester Coroner’s Court to present a High Sheriff Award to Katy Skerrett, HM Coroner.
- Visited St James’s City Farm to present a High Sheriff Award to Richard Leach.
Thursday 1st March:
- Meeting at Crown Court in Gloucester.
Wednesday 28th February:
- Briefing from Chief Constable at Waterwells Drive Quedgeley.
- Meeting with Tracy Wren, Gloucestershire Constabulary Police Cadet Coordinator at Waterwells Drive Quedgeley.
- Meeting with Stewart Edgar, Chief Fire Officer, at Waterwells Drive Quedgeley. Presented High Sheriff Award to Andy Hermiston, Deputy Chief Fire Officer.
- Visited HMP Eastwood Park.
- Visited HMP Leyhill.
- Visited Stroud Police Cadets in Stroud Police Station.
Tuesday 27th February:
- Attended meeting at Shire Hall, Gloucester.
- Visited Nailsworth Fire and Rescue Station.
Monday 26th February:
- Visited Jama Al-Karim Mosque in Gloucester.
- Visited Friendship Café in Gloucester to present High Sheriff Award to Imran Atcha.
- Attended launch of Aston Project in Tewkesbury at Tewkesbury Youth Support Centre.
Sunday 25th February:
- Visited Severn Area Rescue Association (SARA) at Tewkesbury Fire and Rescue Station.
Friday 23rd February:
- Hosted dinner at Lower Farm, Compton Abdale.
Thursday 22nd February:
- Attended Alabaré Gloucestershire Home for Veterans Ambassadors Meeting at Imjin Barracks, Innsworth.
- Office call with Chief Constable, Gloucestershire Constabulary, Rod Hansen at Waterwells Drive Quedgeley.
- Office call with Police and Crime Commissioner, Martin Surl at Waterwells Drive Quedgeley.
- Visited Dursley Fire and Rescue Station.
Wednesday 21st February:
- Visited Military Preparation College Gloucester.
- Visited Tewkesbury Sea Cadets.
Tuesday 20th February:
- Visited Ruskin Mill College in Nailsworth to discuss plans for the Wool Barn, a new textiles centre.
- Visited Cirencester Fire and Rescue Station.
Monday 19th February:
- Visited Marah Trust, a charitable organisation supporting vulnerable and marginalized adults in Stroud.
Friday 16th February:
- On patrol with the Gloucestershire Constabulary Incident Resolution Team.
Tuesday 13th February:
- Attended Gloucestershire Young Carers Forum at Twigworth.
- Meeting at Highnam Court.
- Visited Brockworth Youth Trust at Brockworth Community Centre
Thursday 8th February:
- Attended pass out parade for the Initial Police Learning and Development Programme 28 intake and Special Constabulary intake at Imjin Barracks, Innsworth.
Wednesday 7th February:
- Visit Orchard Trust, a charity supporting the involvement, independence and development of people with disabilities, in Central Lydbrook.
- Visit Strike a Light, an arts charity in Gloucester, running after school dance classes at Gloucester Academy.
Tuesday 6th February:
- Visited GCHQ in Cheltenham.
- Attended Gloucester Military Preparation College Awards Ceremony at Kingsholm Stadium, Gloucester.
Friday 2nd February:
- Attended Pitch @ Palace an initiative to help entrepreneurs to progress their business, at Cheltenham Racecourse in the presence of HRH The Duke of York
- Attended the opening of the restored Wallbridge Lower Lock in Stroud (restored by the Cotswolds Canal Trust) by HRH The Prince of Wales
- Attended a visit by HRH The Prince of Wales to Timberpride Ltd in Tetbury
Thursday 1st February:
- Visited Great Western Air Ambulance Charity at Filton Airfield in South Gloucestershire
- Attended the launch of the Big Conversation, discussing a vision for Gloucestershire 2050, at Cheltenham Racecourse
- Attended meeting to discuss the Declaration Service at the Crown Court in Gloucester
Wednesday 31st January:
- Visited the House of Lords to take part in meeting between local Gloucestershire community groups and national health and social care leaders.
- Visited Wotton-under-Edge Fire and Rescue Station.
Tuesday 30th January:
- Visited the Music Works, a charity which transforms the lives of young people through music, at Studio 340 in Cheltenham
- Visited Stow-on-the-Wold Fire and Rescue Station
Monday 29th January:
- Visited Home-Start Cotswolds, a charity giving advice and practical support to young families in the Cotswolds, at Cirencester Baptist Church
- Visited Tetbury Fire and Rescue Station
Sunday 28th January:
- Hosted lunch for the Mayors of Gloucester, Cheltenham and Tewkesbury Borough and their consorts at Lower Farm, Compton Abdale
Friday 26th January:
- Attended Court meeting of HM Verderers of the Forest of Dean at the Speech House, Coleford
Wednesday 24th January:
- Visited Hereford Garrison with the High Sheriff of Herefordshire
Tuesday 23rd January:
- Attended Court meeting of the Honourable Company of Gloucestershire
Monday 22nd January:
- Visited Teens in Crisis + in Mitcheldean , a charity that provides counselling to young people
Sunday 21st January:
- Attended Rural Crime and Policing Open Day at Fosse Cross
Friday 19th January:
- Attended an event in Moreton in Marsh to celebrate the CQC award of an Outstanding grade to the Home Farm Trust in Moreton in Marsh, in the presence of HRH the Princess Royal
Thursday 18th January:
- Tour of Gloucester Cathedral with the Mayor of Gloucester
- Visited Fairford Fire and Rescue Station
Tuesday 16th January:
- Presentation of High Sheriff Award to Susie Holt, a long standing volunteer at the Pied Piper Appeal in Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
- Visited Fire Service College at Moreton in Marsh
- Visited Moreton in Marsh Fire and Rescue Station
Monday 15th January:
- Meeting with the Dean of Gloucester and the incoming High Sheriff of Gloucestershire to discuss the Declaration Service
- Visited Winchcombe Fire and Rescue Station
Sunday 14th January:
- Visited Goals Beyond Grass, a charity enabling disabled people to take part in Powerchair Football, at GL1 Leisure Centre, Gloucester
Saturday 13th January:
- Took part in Gloucestershire Special Constabulary Operation INITIAL, a road safety campaign, operating across the County
Friday 12th January:
- Visited South Western Ambulance Service Trust control room and hub at Almondsbury
Thursday 11th January:
- Visited HALT (Humans and Animals Learning Together) Project, an animal assisted therapy project aimed at “at risk” young people, at Cheltenham Animal Shelter
- Visited Northleach Fire and Rescue Station
Wednesday 10th January:
- Attended launch of The Other End of the Telescope, a collection of poetry written by the men of HMP Ashfield
Tuesday 9th January:
- Administration session with incoming High Sheriff of Gloucestershire
- Visited Gloucestershire Constabulary Operations Centre at Bamfurlong Lane, Cheltenham, including Tri-Force Dog Section, Armed Response Unit, Traffic and Incident Resolution Team
- Visited Chipping Campden Fire and Rescue Station
Monday 8th January:
- Visited HMP Leyhill for music session with Changing Tunes
Sunday 7th January:
- Visited Gloucestershire Youth Mini Bike Project in Gloucester
Friday 5th January:
- Visited Gloucestershire Constabulary Staff Development Unit
- Tour of Gloucestershire Constabulary Criminal Investigation Department
- Visited Compass House, Gloucestershire Constabulary’s Custody Suite
- Visited Black Rock, Avon and Somerset Constabulary’s specialist training unit
Thursday 4th January:
- Attended Honourable Company of Gloucestershire Community Support Group meeting in Cheltenham
Friday 29th December:
- Took part in road safety operation with Gloucestershire Special Constabulary near Highnam
Thursday 21st December:
- Attended Mayor of Gloucester’s Evening of Christmas Music
Wednesday 20th December:
- Attended HMP Ashfield Carol Service
- Visited Tewkesbury Fire Station
Tuesday 19th December:
- Attended Ecclesiastical Insurance Carol Service in Gloucester Cathedral
Monday 18th December:
- Office call with Martin Surl, Gloucestershire Police and Crime Commissioner
Sunday 17th December:
- Read lesson at Northleach Carol Service
Friday 15th December:
- Attended Getting Court in Gloucester Crown Court
- Attended Gloucestershire Constabulary and Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service Carol Service in Gloucester Cathedral
Thursday 14th December:
- Visited HMP Bristol for a music session with Changing Tunes
- Visited CCP’s Charles England House in Filton
Wednesday 13th December:
- Hosted dinner for Mr Justice and Lady Dingemans in Bristol
Monday 11th December:
- Attended Allied Rapid Reaction Corps Carol Service in Gloucester Cathedral
Saturday 9th December:
- Spoke at Peace Symposium (United against Extremism) organised by the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community in Bradley Stoke Community School
Friday 8th December:
- Attended Kingfisher Treasure Seekers Christmas Concert at Waterwells Drive, Quedgeley
Thursday 7th December:
- Joint ABF The Soldiers’ Charity/Alabaré Gloucestershire Home for Veterans meeting at Lower Farm, Compton Abdale
Wednesday 6th December:
- Visited Cheltenham West Fire Station
- Attended Restorative Gloucestershire Meeting at Police HQ, Waterwells, Quedgeley
- Presented awards at Volunteer Police Cadets awards ceremony at Police HQ, Waterwells, Quedgeley
Tuesday 5th December:
- Attended unveiling of “Room with a View”, a painting by P J Crook, at Hester’s Way Police Station in support of the Aston Project
- Attended Gloucestershire Community Foundation Meeting at Highnam Court
Monday 4th December:
- Visited Young Gloucestershire, which supports disadvantaged young people who are facing challenges in their lives
- Drinks with Commander Allied Rapid Reaction Corps at Imjin Barracks, Innsworth
Sunday 3rd December:
- Read lesson at Advent Carol Service at Gloucester Cathedral
Saturday 2nd December:
- Read lesson at Wycliffe College Carol Service
Friday 1st December:
- Attended opening of Grounds Café at HMP Leyhill
- Attended Cheltenham Animal Shelter Christmas Fair
Thursday 30th November:
- Attended GCHQ Community Day
- Attended Crown Court Calling In, an initiative to reduce knife crime, particularly amongst young people
- Read lesson at Spirit of Christmas service in Gloucester Cathedral in aid of Muscular Dystrophy UK
Wednesday 29th November:
- Visited IT Schools Africa, a charity based in Leckhampton which collects redundant IT, refurbishes it and sends it to schools in Africa
- Visited HMP Eastwood Park to view the work of IT Schools Africa. Discussion with Deputy Governor
- High Sheriff Consultative Panel at Highnam Court.
- Visited Newent Fire Station
Monday 27th November:
- Visited Coroner’s Court in Gloucester
- Attended St John County Priory Group Awards in Tewkesbury Abbey
Sunday 26th November:
- Attended Royal Gloucestershire Hussars Remembrance Service for the Battle of Bir El Gubi at Badminton Church in the presence of HRH The Prince of Wales
- Attended Aden Veterans lunch in Cheltenham
- Attended Aden Veterans Evensong in Gloucester Cathedral to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the withdrawal from Aden
Friday 24th November:
- Attended Gloucestershire Constabulary Impact Awards Ceremony at the Manor on the Lake, Hatherley
Friday 24th November:
- Attended Gloucestershire Constabulary Impact Awards Ceremony at the Manor on the Lake, Hatherley
Wednesday 22nd November:
- Attended Alabaré Gloucester Home for Veterans Ambassadors meeting at Imjin Barracks, Innsworth
- Attended Hope Support Services Gloucestershire Ambassadors Meeting in Ross-on-Wye
- Attended Innsworth Military Wives Choir Christmas Concert in Worcester Cathedral
Tuesday 21st November:
- Attended Honourable Company of Gloucestershire Court Meeting at Highnam Court
- Sheriff in Nomination Group meeting at Lower Farm, Compton Abdale, followed by dinner
Sunday 19th November:
- High Sheriff’s Race Day at Cheltenham Racecourse
Thursday 16th November:
- Attended Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Breakfast in London in the presence of HRH The Earl of Wessex
- Attended meeting with Minister for Crime, Safeguarding and Vulnerability at George Whitfield Centre, Gloucester
- Dinner with Mr Justice Dingemans and Mrs Justice May in the Judges’ Lodgings, Bristol
Wednesday 15th November:
- Visited Cheltenham Racecourse
- Visited Young Gloucestershire in Gloucester and met with Tracy Clark, CEO
- Attended Honourable Company of Gloucestershire Annual General Meeting at Imjin Barracks, Innsworth
Tuesday 14th November:
- Met with Mr Justice Dingemans at Bristol Civil and Family Justice Centre
- Sitting with His Honour Judge Paul Matthews at Bristol Civil and Family Justice Centre
Monday 13th November:
- Attended Annual General Meeting of The Orchard Trust at Bishopswood Village Hall
- Discussed youth provision with members of Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council and visited Youth Club
Sunday 12th November:
- Attended Remembrance Service at St Mary’s Church, Yate, and laid wreaths at the Lych Gate and Parnall Grave
- Attended Remembrance Service at Gloucester Cathedral and laid wreath at The Royal Gloucestershire Hussars Memorial
- Attended Festival of Remembrance at Cheltenham Town Hall
Saturday 11th November:
- Attended Armistice Day Service at Quedgeley War Memorial and laid wreath
- Attended Great Oaks Hospice Christmas Fair, Coleford
Friday 10th November:
- Attended opening of University of Gloucestershire’s C11 Cyber Security and Digital Centre at Gloucestershire Science and Technology Park, Berkeley
- Visited Cheltenham Animal Shelter
Thursday 9th November:
- Attended Remembrance Service in HMP Ashfield, Pucklechurch
Wednesday 8th November:
- Attended University of Gloucestershire Graduation Ceremony in Gloucester Cathedral
Tuesday 7th November:
- Attended Health and Small Community Groups Liaison Meeting at HQ Gloucestershire Constabulary
- Visited Alpha Print, Waterwells Drive, Quedgeley
Monday 6th November:
- Attended Restorative Gloucestershire Annual Event at the Pavillion, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham
Thursday 2nd November:
- Attended GEM One Year Anniversary Celebration and presented awards to Exemplar Employers
- Visited Coleford Fire Station
Wednesday 1st November:
- Attended presentation by Army Engagement Team at Gloucester Academy
Tuesday 31st October:
- Visited CCP (Caring for Communities and People) in Cheltenham
Monday 30th October:
- Visited Cinderford Fire Station
Friday 27th October:
- Attended ABF The Soldiers’ Charity County Committee meeting at South Cerney
Thursday 26th October:
- Attended Worshipful Company of Scientific Instrument Makers Admission Court Dinner in the Glaziers Hall, London
Tuesday 24th October:
- Visited Tri-Force Police Dog Training in Cirencester Park
Monday 23rd October:
- Met with Vikki Walters, Gloucestershire County Council Disability Employment Commissioner, to discuss Forwards and GEM projects
- Presented Long Service Medals and High Sheriff Awards and Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service Awards Ceremony in the Gloucester Guildhall
Sunday 22nd October:
- Took salute at Severn District Sea Cadets parade and attended Trafalgar Day Service in Gloucester Cathedral
Saturday 21st October:
- Attended Changing Tunes 30th Anniversary Concert at Redland Community Church, Bristol
Friday 20th October:
- Chaired High Sheriff’s Grant Meeting
- Attended Honourable Company of Gloucestershire Annual Dinner
Thursday 19th October:
- Attended Advanced Insulation Ltd at Quedgeley in the presence of HRH The Duke of Gloucester
- Presented awards at Aspire Project Celebration Event in the Municipal Offices in Cheltenham
- Attended LifeArt Coffins Ltd at Barnwood in the presence of HRH The Duke of Gloucester
Wednesday 18th October:
- Attended South West Ambulance Service Trust awards ceremony at SS Great Britain, Bristol
Tuesday 17th October:
- Visited Great Oaks Hospice at Coleford
- Visited Hopewell Colliery in the Forest of Dean
- Visited Lydney Fire Station
Monday 16th October:
- Attended the Regional Special Constabulary Awards at Imjin Barracks, Innsworth
Sunday 15th October:
- Attended the Regional Special Constabulary Awards at Imjin Barracks, Innsworth
- Attended the Worcestershire Legal Service in Worcester Cathedral
Saturday 14th October:
- Attended An Audience with the Military Wives Choir at Kendal Road Baptist Church, Gloucester
Thursday 12th October:
- Attended Great Expectations and Aston Project Strategic Planning Workshop at Gloucester North Fire Station
Wednesday 11th October:
- Attended and spoke at the South West Shrieval Meeting at Athelhampton House, Dorchester
Tuesday 10th October:
- Sitting with Mrs Justice May at Bristol Crown Court
- Sitting with Mr Justice Holgate at Bristol Crown Court
- Dinner with High Court judges in Bristol
Monday 9th October:
- Attended opening of new Kemble Station Car Park in the presence of HRH The Princess Royal
- Attended opening by the Bishop of Gloucester of Peaceful Shelter, an installation artwork by Johnny O’Hanlon, in Gloucester Cathedral
- Spoke at Gloucestershire Young Carers Junior Group in Gloucester
Sunday 8th October:
- Attended Hampshire Legal Service in Winchester Cathedral
Friday 6th October:
- Attended Nelson Trust and Howard League for Penal Reform Community Awards Open Day at The Nelson Trust Women’s Centre in Swindon
- Visited and went on patrol with the Street Pastors in Cheltenham
Wednesday 4th October:
- Dinner for Commander Allied Rapid Reaction Corps at Lower Farm, Compton Abdale
Tuesday 3rd October:
- Visited The Door Youth Project in Stroud, a Christian-based charity helping vulnerable young people and their families
- Attended the Magistrates Dining Club Guest Night at Chavenage House, Tetbury
Sunday 1st October:
- Attended Avon and Somerset Constabulary Open Day at Portishead
- Attended the Lord Lieutenant’s Awards at Imjin Barracks, Innsworth
Thursday 28th September:
- Visited Glo-Active, a charity which provides affordable activities and opportunities for individuals with and without disabilities/special needs, in Matson
- Visited Together in Matson which provides opportunities for young people
Wednesday 27th September:
- Attended Honourable Company of Gloucestershire New Members Event in the Corinium Museum, Cirencester
Tuesday 26th September:
- Visited Winterbourne Medieval Barn at Winterbourne in South Gloucestershire
Monday 25th September:
- Judged the best cakes at the Firefighters’ Bake Off in aid of Maggie’s at Cheltenham East Fire Station
- Attended Avon Girl Guiding Awards at Yate International Academy
Friday 22nd September:
- Attended Bishop’s Breakfast at Emmaus in Gloucester to discuss the factors surrounding homelessness
- Hosted An Evening with Rory Bremner, a charity dinner in aid of the High Sheriff of Gloucestershire Fund at Stowell Park, by kind permission of Lord and Lady Vestey
Thursday 21st September:
- Attended Willans LLP 70th Anniversary at Chapel Arts in Cheltenham
Wednesday 20th September:
- Visited HQ Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service at Quedgeley to witness presentation of certificate to Callum Phelps (aged 5) and the presentation of a cheque by GFRS for £8242.87p to the Red Cross London Fire Relief Fund
Tuesday 19th September:
- Visited Hope Support Services in Ross-on-Wye who support young people in Gloucestershire and Herefordshire when a close family member is diagnosed with a life-threatening disease
- Attended Avon Scouts Annual General Meeting at Almondsbury
Sunday 17th September:
- Attended Tewkesbury Town Council Annual Civic Service in Tewkesbury Abbey
Saturday 16th September:
- Attended Gloucestershire Constabulary Open Day at Quedgeley
Thursday 14th September:
- Attended meeting with the HM Lord Lieutenant in Shire Hall, Gloucester
- Visited Infobuzz in Gloucester. Infobuzz offers therapeutic and practical support for families and young people with complex needs
Wednesday 13th September:
- Attended Multi Agency Forum in Gloucester North Community Fire and Rescue Station
- Attended meeting of Honourable Company of Gloucestershire Community Support Group in Cheltenham
- Visited the Gloucestershire Bike Project in Gloucester
Tuesday 12th September :
- Attended meeting of the Court of the Honourable Company of Gloucestershire
Sunday 10th September:
- Attended Frampton Country Fair and took salute at the tent pegging competition
Saturday 9th September:
- Attended Open Day at Gloucester Crown Court.
- Attended Open Day at Stroud Fire and Rescue Station.
- Attended finish of Stage 7 of the Tour of Britain Cycle Race in Cheltenham
Thursday 7th September:
- Visited free legal clinic provided by Graham Wallis at the Salvation Army in Gloucester.
- Attended Battle of Britain Dinner Night at Headquarters Allied Rapid Reaction Corps in Innsworth.
Tuesday 5th September:
- Attended Gloucestershire Community Foundation Trustees Meeting at Highnam Court, Highnam
Monday 4th September:
- Attended High Sheriff Consultative Panel meeting at Highnam Court, Highnam.
Monday 3rd September:
- Attended Emergency Services Show at Cotswold Airport, Kemble.
Saturday 2nd September:
- Attended World Suicide Prevention Day service in Gloucester Cathedral
Thursday 31st August:
- Office Call with Rod Hansen, Chief Constable of Gloucestershire Constabulary
Wednesday 30th August:
- Attended launch on Gloucestershire Constabulary Mounted Section at Highnam Court, Highnam
Friday 25th August:
- Attended Passing Out Parade for Course 27 of the Initial Police Learning and Development Programme at Avon and Somerset Police HQ at Portishead
Tuesday 22nd August:
- High Sheriff Database revision at Longhope
Saturday 29th July:
- Opened Compton Abdale Village Fete
Friday 28th July:
- Attended Three Choirs Concert at Gloucester Cathedral at the invitation of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Gloucestershire
Thursday 27th July:
- Meeting at Cirencester Park with the Countess Bathurst and Jonathan McMahon, Chief Operating Officer of St James’s Place Wealth Management
- Attended Passing Out Parade for Course 26 of the Initial Police Learning and Development Programme at Imjin Barracks, Innsworth
Tuesday 25th July:
- Attended 2007 Flood Commemorative Evensong in Gloucester Cathedral
Monday 24th July:
- Visited Alabaré Home for Veterans, Gloucester
Saturday 22nd July:
- Visited and took part in the Choose Zero Road Safety Campaign, run by the Gloucestershire Special Constabulary
Thursday 20th July:
- Attended 50th Anniversary celebration of International Centre for Birds of Prey, Newent, in the presence of HRH The Princess Royal
- Attended The Lakes Care Centre, South Cerney, in the presence of HRH The Princess Royal
- Attended Aerospace Bristol Inaugural Dinner under Concorde, Filton, in the presence of HRH The Princess Royal
Wednesday 19th July:
- Visited Aston Project Multi Agency Parents Event at Gloucester North Community Fire Station
- Attended HQ Allied Reaction Corps French National Day Celebration in Imjin Barracks, Innsworth
Tuesday 18th July:
- Attended Aston Project Stakeholders Meeting at Hester’s Way Police Station, Cheltenham
Monday 17th July:
- Attended Opening of Future Space at the University of the West of England in the presence of HRH The Duke of York
Sunday 16th July:
- Attended the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford
Friday 14th July:
- Gave address and presented awards at the Ruskin Mill Leavers Ceremony, Nailsworth.
- Attended the High Sheriff of Herfordshire’s Garden Party
Thursday 13th July:
- Gave presentation at Thomas Keble School, Chalford, Stroud
- Attended Kingfisher Treasure Seekers Summer Celebration at Police HQ, Waterwells Drive, Quedgeley
Wednesday 12th July:
- Met with Eugene O’Kane at Shire Hall, Gloucester, to discuss coordinated approach to provision of support for vulnerable young people
Tuesday 11th July:
- Attended Gloucestershire Young Carers Development Board Meeting, Twigworth
Saturday 8th July:
- Gave address and presented awards at Gloucestershire Adult Education Achieve and Succeed event, Gloucester
- Visited Skillzone and Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service Open Day at Tuffley, Gloucester
Friday 7th July:
- Attended NFU event at Kingscote, Tetbury
- Attended High Sheriff of Warwickshire’s Garden Party
Thursday 6th July:
- Attended Remembering Srebenica Commemoration Event at Cheltenham Municipal Offices
Wednesday 5th July:
- Attended 50th Anniversary event at the National Star Centre, Ullenwood, in the presence of HRH The Countess of Wessex
Tuesday 4th July:
- Court sitting with Mr Justice Phillips, Bristol Law Courts
Monday 3rd July:
- Attended CCP VIP event in Cheltenham to mark launch of charity under the new name Caring for Communities and People
Sunday 2nd July:
- Attended Cadet and Youth Tattoo on Fisher’s Meadow, Quedgeley, and presented new Gloucestershire Constabulary Standard to Gloucestershire Police Cadets
Friday 30th June:
- Attended Getting Court initiative, Gloucester Crown Court
Thursday 29th June:
- Attended opening of Giraffe House at the Wild Place Project, Bristol
Wednesday 28th June:
-Visited the Butterfly Garden at Bamfurlong, Cheltenham
- Visited Fresh Air Sculpture Exhibition, Quenington
- Attended HQ Allied Rapid Reaction Corps US National Day Celebration, Imjin Barracks, Innsworth
Tuesday 27th June:
- Visited Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service and Skillzone, Gloucester
Monday 26th June:
- Attended Cheltenham Trust presentation, Cheltenham Town Hall
Saturday 24th June:
- Attended Armed Forces Day Parade at Staple Hill, South Gloucestershire24th June 2017
-Attended Armed Forces Day Parade at Staple Hill, South Gloucestershire
Thursday 22nd June:
- Attended Cheltenham Mock Trial Competition for Primary Schools, Cheltenham Municipal Offices.
- Attended HQ Allied Rapid Reaction Corps Queen’s Birthday Reception and Sounding Retreat, Imjin Barracks, Innsworth
Wednesday 21st June:
- Attended High Sheriff of Bristol’s Concert in Bristol Cathedral
Tuesday 20th June:
- Attended Reserve Forces and Cadets Association Gloucestershire County Briefing, Gloucester
Sunday 18th June:
- Attended Gloucestershire Society Annual Service, St Arilda’s Church, Oldbury-on-Severn
Friday 16th June:
- Attended Royal Three Counties Show at the Showground, Malvern
- Visited Millbrook Lodge Care Home, Brockworth, to present Legion d’Honneur to Mr Arthur Parish
Thursday 15th June:
- Chaired High Sheriff’s Fund Grants Meeting at Compton Abdale
Wednesday 14th June:
- Meeting with Kate Langley, Service Manager Youth Justice, at Office of Police and Crime Commissioners, Waterwells Drive, Quedgeley
- Attended Honourable Company of Gloucestershire Community Support Group meeting, Cheltenham
- Attended Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum Reception, Stanway House
Monday 12th June:
- Attended RAF Fairford Civic Day as guest of US Air Force
- Visited WAM (We all Matter) youth charity in Winchcombe
- Visited Stroud Beresford Group, Stroud
Sunday 11th June:
- Hosted Innsworth Military Wives Choir Concert in Compton Abdale in aid of The Royal British Legion
- Hosted Café Théâtre Dinner in Compton Abdale in aid of Gloucestershire Young Carers
Saturday 10th June:
- Visited Tewkesbury Sea Cadets Regatta, Tewkesbury Marina
- Attended Wayside Cross Service of Rededication in the presence of HRH The Princess Royal in North Woodchester
Friday 9th June:
- Hosted High Sheriff’s Garden Party, Compton Abdale
Thursday 8th June:
- Attended Gloucestershire Community Foundation Annual Celebration, Highnam Court
- Attended General Election Count for the Cotswolds Constituency as Returning Officer
Wednesday 7th June:
- Attended Choral Evensong and Dinner with the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple, London
Friday 2nd June:
- Met Mr Nigel Adams, Acting Returning Officer for the Cotswolds Constituency
Sunday 28th May:
- Speaker at Grenadier Guards Association Lunch, Hatherley Manor Hotel
Friday 26th May:
- Attended Getting Court initiative, Gloucester Crown Court
- Met the Recorder of Gloucester and Ms Di Harrill to discuss Getting Court
Thursday 25th May:
- Attended Getting Court initiative for South Gloucestershire schools, Bristol Law Courts
- Attended reception hosted by The Sheriffs of the City of London, The Old Bailey, London
Wednesday 24th May:
- Attended meeting in Shire Hall, Gloucester
Tuesday 23rd May:
- Attended South West Shrieval Lunch, London
- Attended Garden Party, Buckingham Palace
Monday 22nd May:
- Visited HMP Eastwood Park, Wotton-under-Edge
- Visited the Wilderness Centre, Mitcheldean
Sunday 21st May:
- Visited Gloucestershire Youth Mini Bike Project, Gloucester
Friday 19th May:
- Attended Getting Court initiative for teachers, Gloucester Crown Court
- Met with Mr Tony Dale, District Commissioner North Cotswold District Scouts
- Attended Honourable Company of Gloucestershire Warden’s Installation Dinner, Berkeley Castle
Thursday 18th May:
- Attended Avon and Somerset Police Awards Ceremony, Congresbury
Wednesday 17th May:
- Attended Multi Agency Forum meeting at Gloucester North Community Fire and Rescue Station
Tuesday 16th May:
- Court sitting with Mr Justice Holroyde, Bristol Law Courts
- Court sitting with Mr Justice Holgate, Bristol Law Courts
Monday 15th May:
- Attended Home Farm Trust Celebration in the presence of HRH The Princess Royal, Bristol and Bath Science Park
- Dinner for High Court Judges in Bristol
Saturday 13th May:
- Opened Fair Shares Summer Celebration, Friendship Café, Gloucester
- Attended Music in Country Churches concert in Cirencester Parish Church in the presence of HRH The Prince of Wales
Friday 12th May:
- Visited Police Child Protection Investigation Team, Waterwells Drive, Quedgeley
- Visited Forensics Department, Waterwells Drive, Quedgeley
- Met Rod Hansen, Chief Constable, Gloucestershire Constabulary
- Visited Tewkesbury Police Station
- Visited Tewkesbury Food Bank
- Met Mr Mike Dawson, Chief Executive Tewkesbury Borough Council
- Attended Chair of South Gloucestershire’s Charity Dinner, Filton
Thursday 11th May:
- Attended HQ Allied Rapid Reaction Corps Sounding Retreat and Anniversary Dinner, Imjin Barracks, Innsworth
Wednesday 10th May:
- Visited Krunch SW, Thornbury, with Mayor of Thornbury
- Visited Phase, Thornbury, with Mayor of Thornbury
- Visited Street Space, Thornbury, with Mayor of Thornbury
Tuesday 9th May:
- Met Julie Finch, Chief Executive of the Cheltenham Trust, at the Wilson, Cheltenham
- Chaired South Gloucestershire Getting Court meeting, Almondsbury
- Attended Tewkesbury Borough Mayor Making Ceremony
Monday 8th May:
- Attend Election of the Tewkesbury Town Mayor, Tewkesbury
Saturday 6th May 2017
- Attended Funeral Eucharist for Bishop Michael Perham in Gloucester Cathedral
Friday 5th May 2017
- Met with Magistrates Court staff, Twyver House, Gloucester
- Met with National Probation Service and Community Rehabilitation Company (Working Links) staff at Twyver House, Gloucester
- Met with Crown Court staff at Gloucester Crown Court
Wednesday 3rd May:
- Visited Aspire Gloucestershire project, Ladybellegate Street, Gloucester
- Visited Forest Fighting Fit boxing club, Cinderford
Tuesday 2nd May:
- Met with Fundraising and Events Managers for Gloucestershire Young Carers
Friday 28th April:
- Attended Getting Court initiative at Gloucester Crown Court
Wednesday 26th April:
- Visited Barnwood Trust, Ullenwood, to speak with Dr Sally Byng, Chief Executive
- Visited Police Control Room, Waterwells Drive, Quedgeley
- Gave presentation to Gloucestershire Police Cadets at Waterwells Drive, Quedgeley
Tuesday 25th April:
- Visited Ruskin Mill, Nailsworth, with Honourable Company of Gloucestershire.
Monday 24th April:
- Attended Trustee Induction Course at Quartet Community Foundation, Bristol.
- Attended St George’s Day Service in Gloucester Cathedral
Sunday 23rd April:
- Visited Aston Project at Forest of Dean Activities Festival.
- Attended The Royal British Legion ANZAC Day Parade and Memorial Service at Leighterton
Friday 21st April:
- Visited HMP Leyhill, Wotton-under-Edge.
- Meeting with Innsworth Military Wives Choir.
- Attended Mayor of Gloucester’s Charity Ball, Imjin Barracks, Innsworth.
Thursday 20th April:
- Visited Aston Project at Hesters Way Police Station, Cheltenham.
- Visited Change Grow Live (CGL), Gloucester. CGL provides treatment and support for people dealing with substance misuse.
Wednesday 19th April:
- Attended lunch for High Sheriffs with Mrs Sue Mountstevens, Avon and Somerset Police and Crime Commissioner, and Andy Marsh, Chief Constable Avon and Somerset Constabulary, at Avon and Somerset Police HQ
Tuesday 18th April:
- Participated in Eastwood Extreme fun run at HMP Eastwood Park, Wotton-under-Edge
Thursday 13th April:
- Visited Aston Project Woodland